Quality Characteristics of Dried Queen Pineapple by Cold Air Drying Combined with Ultrasound Pretreatment Process
The main purpose of this study to improve the product quality of dried Queen Pineapple, a new strategy utilizing ultrasound pretreatment combined with cold air drying. This research was conducted on pineapple fruits (pineapple Queen Long Thanh, Dong Nai) with high sugar content of about 16-18 °brix, especially vitamin C, the highest rate was 47.8mg/100g. Determining the appropriate ripeness is maturity of pineapple fruit with maturity of about 10 - 20% of the surface of pineapple skin with yellowish green color, with this ripeness, the product will give best quality. For the study, we examined pineapple slices with 3mm,5mm, 7mm were first pretreatment with ultrasonic for 30 minutes, subjected to osmotic dehydration process using sugar syrup of 20 °Brix, 25 °Brix and 30 °Brix for 3 hours at room temperature. Pineapple slices were drying at 5 °C about 1800 minutes until moisture content was 14 ± 0.1%. When comparing the quality of two methods of conventional drying and cold air drying, the method of cold air drying food is the best method of drying food to retain vitamin C, which is the most easily lost during the drying process, but the cold air drying method still preserve very high content of vitamin C, for dried pineapple products is 30 mg/ 100g and improve the color of the final product.
How to cite this article:
Ngan NT, Luan NT, Khanh TV et al. Quality Characteristics of Dried Queen Pineapple by Cold Air Drying Combined with Ultrasound Pretreatment Process. J Adv Res Food Sci Nutr 2021; 4(1): 10-14.
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Advanced Research in Food Science and Nutrition
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.