Sick Sinus Syndrome (Sinus Node Dysfunction, Bradyarrythmia) Association with COVID-19
Keywords:Novel corona virus, COVID-19, SARS CoV2, IgM, IgG antibody, sinus node sick sinus syndrome
COVID-19 is associated with cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. In this case report, we have demonstrated a case of sinus node dysfunction associated with COVID-19 (clinical features, pathophysiology, and outcome) as an initial presenting complication without any previous respiratory signs and symptoms.
Cimino G, Pascariello G, Bernardi N, Calvi E, Arabia G, Salghetti F, Bontempi L, Vizzardi E, Metra M, Curnis A. Sinus node dysfunction in a young patient with COVID-19. JACC Case Rep. 2020 Jul;2(9):1240-4. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Peigh G, Leya MV, Baman JR, Cantey EP, Knight BP, Flaherty JD. Novel coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) associated sinus node dysfunction: a case series. Eur Heart JCase Rep. 2020;4(FI1):1-6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Gupta MD, Qamar A, Mp G, Safal S, Batra V, Basia D, Mandal SK, Yusuf J, Mukhopadhyay S, Bansal A. Bradyarrhythmias in patients with COVID-19: a case series. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2020;20(5):211-2. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Babpoor-Farrokhran S, Batnyam U, Wiener PC, KanjanahattakijN, KhraishaO, Amanullah A, MainigiSK. Atrioventricular and sinus node dysfunction in stable COVID-19 patients.SN Compr Clin Med.2020;2(11):1955-8. [PubMed] [Google Scholar
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Preventive Cardiology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.