Periodontal Microsurgery- A Review
Keywords:Periodontology, Magnification, Microsurgery, Instruments
Introduction: The field of periodontology is under the refinement of various ongoing surgical procedures. The primary intention of any surgery is to preserve the functionality and well being of the patient. The idea of microsurgery has enhanced the outcomes in terms of passive wound closure and has reduced tissue trauma. A surgical microscope offers the periodontist increased illumination and visual acuity to perform procedures with great precision.
Objective: The purpose of this review is to elucidate periodontal microsurgeries such as functions of magnification, microsurgical instrumentation and their application in the field of periodontology.
Methodology: Electronic searches on PubMed, Embase, and ResearchGate were made and relevant articles published were reviewed.
Results and Conclusion: Periodontal microsurgery, though in its infancy, holds tremendous possibilities. It requires good skills and practice for gaining optimum proficiency in the relevant area. Despite being more technique sensitive than other conventional procedures, the future of periodontics will see increased use of magnification in all fields including implantology.
Copyright (c) 2023 Author's
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.