A Comprehensive Review of Community Pharmacy Services’ Development and Effects
Community pharmacies have seen major changes throughout the years, evolving from basic healthcare facilities to traditional dispensing outlets. The growth and significance of community pharmacy services are examined in this review article, which also emphasizes how crucial they are to improving patient care, drug management, worldwide public health. This analysis emphasizes the crucial part that neighborhood pharmacies play in contemporary healthcare systems by looking at important areas such drug treatment management, vaccine services, chronic illness management, patient education.
A comprehensive paradigm that puts pharmacists at the forefront of patient-centered care has replaced the historical image of community pharmacies as merely drug distributors. These pharmacies have evolved into accessible healthcare destinations thanks to the addition of services including pharmaceutical consultation, drug therapy management, comprehensive illness management. This change is consistent with the trend toward preventative and personalized treatment, where pharmacists work together with patients and other healthcare professionals to improve therapeutic outcomes.
In the area of managing chronic diseases, community pharmacists’ influence on patient care is particularly noticeable. Pharmacists are essential in helping patients manage ailments including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disorders because of their knowledge of drugs and their interactions. The results include better patient outcomes and a higher quality of life for the patient. This involvement extends beyond pharmaceutical management and includes lifestyle counseling and ongoing monitoring.
Additionally, community pharmacists have employed cutting-edge techniques to address the urgent issue of drug non-adherence. To encourage adherence and lessen the burden of hospitalizations and disease exacerbations, pharmacists use patient education, medication synchronization, technology aids. Patients gain from this strategy, it also helps to allocate healthcare resources more effectively.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Journal of Drug Discovery and Development ( ISSN:2581-6861)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.