Effect of Physiotherapy on Postmenopausal Women: A Review of Literature
Keywords:post menopausal, urinary incontinence, insomnia, low bone density, insomnia, pelvic floor muscles and osteoporosis
We pursue a review of literature on the effect of physiotherapy on postmenopausal women and engender alist of evidence-reviewed articles. The articles on postmenopausal women that were finally chosen for review had to include a focus point on the key term,i.e., postmenopausal, urinary in continence, insomnia, low bone density, pelvic floor muscles, and osteoporosis. After a review of all the literature, it was concluded that regular physical activity appears to be an alternative method to reduce urinary in continence, insomnia, REM latency, andpain. It also helps in improving BMD, quality of life, dynamic balance, posture, muscle strength, and sleep quality that occur during the postmenopausal period.
Physiotherapy has a significant effect on urinary in continence,insomnia, and osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. However, more randomised clinical trials need to be conducted in this area formore studies.
How to cite this article:
Munjal J, Zutshi K, Aman I, Khan MR. Effect of Physiotherapy on Postmenopausal Women: A Review of Literature. Int J Adv Res Gynaecol Obstet. 2023;1(2):23-27.
Copyright (c) 2023 Jitender Munjal, Kalpana Zutshi, Ifra Aman, Mohd Rizwan Khan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.