Essentials of Yoga Techniques as Immunity Boosters: An Integrated Approach
In today’s scenario of COVID-19 pandemic, when no effective treatment could be made available, the world is continuously in search of other classical regimens and ways to cope with the prevailing pandemic. To save oneself from the fatal diseases, the body’s resistance to fight the infections must be strong. There are numerous conventional ways to
enhance body’s resistance such as immunity in the traditional systems of medicine. According to Unani philosophy, Tabi’at (immunity) is the supreme power of the body immensely responsible for all physiological functions. As stated by Buqrat (Hippocrates), who is considered as the father of almost all systems of medicine, says “The physician treats but
the Tabi’at heals.” In fact he is the first person who gave the concepts of Medicatrix naturae (Quwate mudabbrah) / power of self-preservation and Immunity (Quwat e Mudafiat). Thus, in Unani system of Medicine, special emphasis is given for the enhancement of Tabi’at.
In this article, an emphasis is being given to elaborate many modalities, regimens and techniques of well-accepted conventional systems of medicine and how Yoga as an integrated approach can improve the body’s innate power of self-preservation and keep the infections at bay.
How to cite this article:
Mazhar SA, Anwar AI, Khan AA, Anjum R. Essentials of Yoga Techniques as Immunity Boosters: An ntegrated Approach. Int J Adv Res MicroBiol Immunol 2020; 2(1): 14-19.
By AC Team 1 - summer solstice, 2017 https://affairscloud.com/3rd-international-yoga-daycelebrated-
june-21-2017/ 27 may 2020.
Yoga Day: Origin, Theme, Importance, Celebrations, All FAQs Answered https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/
Ruby Pandey 5TH INT. DAY OF YOGA https://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/events/5th-internationalday-
United Nations; International day of yoga June 21https://www.un.org/en/observances/yoga-day
International Yoga Day 2020: PM Narendra Modito steer main national event in Leh https://www.
List of 42 Yoga Poses of Common Yoga Protocol of International Day of Yoga https://www.gyanunlimited.
com/health/list-of-42-yoga-poses-of-common-yogaprotocol-of-international-day-of-yoga/11414/ 28 May
Sufi Meditation and Breathing Practices By Giovanni https://liveanddare.com/sufi-meditation
https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/241702/9/09_chapter%201.pdf14. Sameena Firdaus. Riyazat (exercise): a part of ilaj bil tadbeer and its role in prevention of diseases. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335015513_RIYAZAT_EXERCISE_A_PART_OF_ILAJ_BIL_TADBEER_
Regular exercise has long-term benefits for immunity – it’s important to stay active April 10, 2020 10.40pm
Hatha Yoga: Improved capacity of school Students D A Birkel https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11076447/
Tarun Saxena; The effect of varied breathing exercises (pranayama) in patients with asthma of mild to
moderate severity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3017963/
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Advanced Research in Microbiology and Immunology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.