Bronchial Oncocytoma - A Case Report
Keywords:Oncocytoma, Kidney, Thyroid, PET-CT scan, Mitochondrioma, Salivary Gland, Eosinophilic Cells, Adenohypophysis
Oncocytoma is an uncommon benign tumor found at sites such as
salivary glands, kidneys and thyroid. It’s occurrence in bronchus is
rare. The incidence of oncocytoma is higher in males as compared to
females. A 34-year-old male patient with a nodule in the right upper
lobe was found to be a case of oncocytoma on endobronchial biopsy
How to cite this article:
Solanki M, Singhal P, Gupta S, Garg PK. Bronchial
Oncocytoma - A Case Report. Rec Adv Path Lab
J Lin, C Xu, JN Qi, JX Feng, YZ Xu. Pulmonary oncocytoma: a case report. Int J. Clin Exp Pathol 2015;8.
Fructuosoa JA, Joséb LB, Morac MB, Moraa RB, SánchezNietoa JM, Gonzálezd AS, Bascuñanae AG. Pulmonary Oncocytoma Located at the Intermediate Bronchus Diagnosed by Bronchial Biopsy 2021;58(1):96-98. DOI:10.1016/j.arbres. 2022.
deAquino RT, Magliari ME, Saad R Jr, Neto VD, Filho JE, Neto CD, Capelozzi VL. Bronchial oncocytoma. Sao Paulo Med J. 2000;118(6):195-7.
Zhou CX, Gao Y. Oncocytoma of the salivary glands: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study. Oral Oncol. 2009;45:232-8.
Oueslati Z, Ben-Assouna H, Touati S, Gritli S, elMay A, Gamoudi A, Benna F, Ladgham A. [Thyroid oncocytomas]. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord). 2002; 123:235-238.
Dalli J, Camilleri-Brennan J. Synchronous colonic adenocarcinoma and renal oncocytoma: a case report and literature review. Scot Med J. 2011;56:181.
Burrah R, Kini U, Correa M, Srirangapatna S. Pulmonary oncocytoma: a rare case. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2006;14:113-4.
Copyright (c) 2021 Recent Advances in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine ( ISSN: 2454-8642 )
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.